Web Results for the word:
1. a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc., whether the threat is real or imagined; the feeling or condition of being afraid.
2. a specific instance of or propensity for such a feeling: an abnormal fear of heights.
3. concern or anxiety; solicitude: a fear for someone’s safety.
4. reverential awe, especially toward God: the fear of God.
5. something that causes feelings of dread or apprehension; something a person is afraid of: Cancer is a common fear.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
“Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.” -Mark Twain
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Sometimes, I try to remember when it was, exactly, that I first felt fear. When did the dark fingers of fear first grip my mind, holding it in thrall for all these many years. When did parents/adults saying, “Don’t do this,” “Don’t do that” morph into fear of doing that very thing.
There was a time when I climbed trees with no fear of height, when I crawled into my toy box and went to sleep, with no fear of small spaces, when did that change?
Change it did though, until fear became an almost paralyzing force.
And aging has changed it once again, into prudence. Of course I looked prudence up and found that it quite nicely fits my current attitude regarding fear. What I fear today has less to do about me and much, much more to do with the state of the country where I live. I was not blind sided by our current situation, I’ve seen it coming for years.
But what to do now?
For me, I will begin with the COURAGE to MASTER FEAR and RESIST!
© 2017 Out Of My Mind Images – All Rights Reserved